Multi-Element Sequential Analysis
PortaSpec® WDXRF Analyzer is capable of performing multi-element sequential analysis in the range of Ti to U and is ideal for measuring coating weights of both chrome and titanium pretreatment.
Cianflone’s benchtop PortaSpec® XBT is similar to the original Model 2501 PortaSpec® X-Ray Spectrograph. It contains a rotating goniometer that allows the user to analyze up to five elements, preset sequentially one at a time. Its elemental range is from element #22 Titanium to element #92 Uranium. An easy load two-position sample holder is an integral part of the instrument configured for analyzing liquids, powders, solids, and thin films. Samples are changed at the open end of the holder allowing a sample to be analyzed while one is being loaded.
Other benchtop PortaSpec® versions available are Fixed Single Element (FSE), Dual-Element (DE), and Multi-Element Sequential(MES) analysis.
The benchtop PortaSpec® is operated by a PC Notebook Computer, complete with Windows®-based preinstalled Software.
Powering Cianflone’s full line of Portable X-ray Spectrographic Analyzers is PortaSpec® PCS Software—a Windows®-based application that provides excellent records of prior analyses, improves productivity, and simplifies analysis. PortaSpec® PCS Software is designed for multiple industries including; tubing and bar stock, mining and minerals, petroleum, high and low-alloy steel, scrap metals, glass, synthetic and natural fibers, building materials, can, chemical research, alloy research, automotive, nuclear testing, and welding.
When analysis of a single element is all that is required, the FSE configuration provides a value-engineered solution that is easy on the budget while maintaining the same precision as more expensive units. While lacking the flexibility to be used on multiple elements, the fixed single element analyzer performs at the same high level of precision and provides accurate results targeted to single element analysis.
Dual Analysis is a good solution for customers targeted two known elements and provides an excellent solution at the highest levels of precision attainable. While limited to two elements, the dual element analyzer gives the same accurate and reliable results that PortaSpec® products are known for worldwide.
PortaSpec® MES is the most versatile and flexible of the PortaSpec® family of WDXRF analyzers. The MES Analyzer is capable of performing multi-element sequential analysis in the range of Titanium to Uranium and is ideal for measuring coating weights of both chrome and titanium pretreatment and providing the flexibility to transition from one element to other elements at the touch of a button.
Cianflone’s benchtop PortaSpec® MES Analyzer contains a rotating goniometer that allows the user to analyze up to five elements and can be preset sequentially one at a time. An easy load two-position sample holder is an integrated part of the analyzer. The PortaSpec® MES Analyzer is configured for analyzing liquids, powders, solids, and thin films. Analysis speed is increased by being able to change samples at the open end of the holder while the other preloaded sample is being analyzed.
- Electric Water Coolant and Circulator
- Windows®-based Notebook Computer
- PC Interface and Preinstalled Software
- Software training and upgrades for up to a year are included with your PortaSpec® purchase.
- Bragg Angle Range 13 to 98 degrees; Two Theta
- Analyzing Crystal Lithium Fluoride (200)
- Element Range Ka 22-47 (Ti to Ag)
- Element Range La 56-92 (Ba to U)
- Collimators 20 mil Divergent (Source)
- 10 mil Receiving (Detector)
- X-ray Source X-Ray Tube, Tungsten Target, Beryllium Window
- X-ray Tube Voltage 30 kV Constant Potential
- X-ray Tube Voltage Regulation plus/minus 1% for plus/minus 10% line voltage variation
- X-ray Tube Current 0 to 5 mA – Adjustable
- Detector Tube Sealed Proportional
- Detector Supply 2700 VDC Max. (Adjustable)
- Digital Scaler and Timer-Integrated Counting Range: 1 to 999,999
- Timer Range: 1 to 990 seconds
- Lamps X-Ray On
- Voltage Requirements 115 Volts AC, 50 or 60 Hertz 230 Volts AC, 50 or 60 Hertz
- Single Phase, 300 watts
- Line Regulation Required ± 5%
- Dimensions and Weight 18″ Long, 14″ Wide, 13″ High, 56 lbs.
- Top Grade Support
- Agile and Reliable Response
- Lead with Integrity
- Innovative Solutions
What we can help you achieve
Process control to tighten tolerances | Obtain rapid, straightforward measurements | Increased commitment to quality | Quantify the value of your products | Provide certification to your customers | Reduce risk of shipping out of spec products