Light Element Analysis
in Central Lab
PortaSpec® XLE is designed to fill a need for an instrumental technique that could rapidly and non-destructively analyze light elements in a central laboratory or in the plant using wavelength dispersive X-ray (WDXR) fluorescence. The PortaSpec® XLE has the ability to analyze powders and solids with its included single position sample holder. It also has a single element option for Al, Si, P, S, Cl, K, Ca, or Zr and can measure Zirconium or Phosphorus pretreatment.
The PortaSpec® XLE is operated by a PC Notebook Computer, complete with Windows®-based preinstalled Software.
Powering Cianflone’s full line of Portable X-ray Spectrographic Analyzers is PortaSpec® PCS Software—a Windows®-based application that provides excellent records of prior analyses, improves productivity and simplifies analysis. PortaSpec® PCS Software is designed for multiple industries, including tubing and bar stock, mining and minerals, petroleum, high- and low-alloy steel, scrap metals, glass, synthetic and natural fibers, building materials, chemical research, alloy research, automotive, nuclear testing, and welding.
When analysis of a single element is all that is required, the FSE configuration provides a value-engineered solution that is easy on the budget while maintaining the same precision as more expensive units. While lacking the flexibility to be used on multiple elements, the fixed single element analyzer performs at the same high level of precision and provides accurate results targeted to single element analysis.
- Electric Water Coolant and Circulator
- Vacuum Pump
- Windows®-based Notebook Computer
- PC Interface and Preinstalled Software
- Software training and upgrades for up to a year are included with your PortaSpec® purchase.
- Bragg Angle Range 13 to 98 degrees; Two Theta
- Analyzing Crystal Lithium Fluoride (200), Ge, PET, or EDDT
- Element Range Kα 13-17 (Ai to Cl) and 19-21 (K to Sc) – Single Element Only
- Element Range Lα 40 (Zr)
- Collimators 20 mil Divergent (Source)
- 10 mil Receiving (Detector)
- X-ray Source X-Ray Tube, Tungsten or Rhodium Target, Beryllium Window
- X-ray Tube Voltage 10, 20, 30 kV Constant Potential
- X-ray Tube Voltage Regulation ± 1% for ± 10% line voltage variation
- X-ray Tube Current 0 to 5 mA – Adjustable
- Detector Tube Sealed Proportional
- Detector Supply 2500 VDC Max. (Adjustable)
- Internal Digital Scaler and Timer Counting Range: 1 to 999,999
- Timer Range: 1 to 990 seconds with PHA
- Lamps X-Ray On
- Voltage Requirements
- 115 Volts AC, 50 or 60 Hertz
- 230 Volts AC, 50 or 60 Hertz
- Single Phase, 300 Watts
- Line Regulation Required ± 5%
- Dimensions and Weight:
- Portaspec 18” L x 14” W x 13” H 50 lbs.
- Vacuum Pump 13” L x 5” W x 11” H 30 lbs.
- Water Circulator 14” L x 6-1/4” W x 12” H 10 lbs.
- Optional MCR Power Conditioner 7” L x 8” W x 13” H 40 lbs.
- Top Grade Support
- Agile and Reliable Response
- Lead with Integrity
- Innovative Solutions
What we can help you achieve
Process control to tighten tolerances | Obtain rapid, straightforward measurements | Increased commitment to quality | Quantify the value of your products | Provide certification to your customers | Reduce risk of shipping out of spec products